Saturday 3 November 2012

Inglot Love



During a recent trip to Westfield, I was reminded of this makeup store upon passing it in a hurried frenzy while trying to juggle multiple bags. After relaxing and regaining my composure over a well-needed hot chocolate, I decided to take a look around and see if anything caught my eye. I remember instantly loving Inglot when I first discovered it at Westfield when it opened a few years ago, but since have not bought much. This changed when I left the store with four items that I'm very happy with. 

The first is one of Inglot's lip glosses in packaging that will always remind me of my Chemistry lessons at school (something I'd much rather forget) because of the test-tube like shape! One of my first purchases way back when was a lipgloss, I loved it then and I love it now. They're non-sticky but still last well and the array of colours on offer is incredible. I went with yet another pale pink, Sleeks in 34...(spotting a trend here recently?), because it's so easy to pull of and I know I'll get my money's worth because I'll layer it over my pinky lipsticks (posts here & here).


Another lip product I picked up was Inglot's Lip Defence Treatment, which I can't find online for you sorry, and unfortunately I can't say I love this one as much as the lipgloss. I am an absolute fanatic when it comes to lip balms and I was expecting big things  but this one just didn't come up trumps for me. I think the packaging is simple but cute but that's as far as it goes really. I didn't notice much conditioning, the product just seemed to coat the lip and sit there rather than sink in and nourish, and winding up the bullet was a waste of time because as soon as I started applying the balm it just slid back down again. I'm sorry to say it was disappointing Inglot!








On a much brighter note, I was very happy with the two polishes I snapped up. I've mentioned before how many polishes I hoard - I'm obsessed - but that didn't stop me from buying another two to add to the ever-growing collection. One is a gemstone top coat, Dream collection in 202, which I will be layering over every nail polish I get my hands on (on my nails is a sneak peek on an upcoming post) and the other is a gorgeous bronzed brown with a slight plum undertone, Nail Enamel in 964, which is one of my favourite shades for this Autumn/Winter and I can't wait to slick it on! 

A pretty successful trip to Inglot if I say so myself! I've rediscovered my love for the affordable cosmetics brand...it might end up being a regular thing when I go to Westfield! Are any of you familiar with Inglot?

No comments:

Post a Comment