Tuesday 30 October 2012

Luxury Lippy

I've had my eye on the range of Tom Ford lipsticks for a while now and finally caved in and got one. I've heard rave reviews about the luxury brand's makeup and am already a lover of their fragrances so wasn't surprised when I instantly fell in love with the lipstick. Not only is the packaging as chic as expected from Tom Ford in a sleek black and gold case (and while I'm always first to say I am not a lover of gold in any form, I'll admit that Tom Ford does pull it off elegantly so I'll let it slide...) but so is the lipstick bullet itself, subtly imprinted with a TF...perfect little touch don't you think? The lipstick has an incredible texture, hard to put into words, but it is so smooth and creamy, almost gel-like when it glides across the lips. It doesn't dry the lips out and leaves them with great colour pay off and luminosity. I've got enough bright corals and deep plum lip colours stashed away so went for another subtle pink shade, Pink Dusk, (after absolutely loving my KG & SU collaboration one, post here) but there is a gorgeous selection to choose from...I'm keeping note of the True Coral shade which might possibly take a cheeky place on my Christmas list? Who knows...right now I am loving this lippy, it's secured a constant place in my makeup bag for my everyday makeup routine.


Tom Ford lipsticks are available at Selfridges, Harrod's, House of Frazer and the like, both online and at the counter, for £36.


No comments:

Post a Comment